Friday, July 25, 2014

NYX Eyebrow Gel


Hey guys!

 I've been in the market for a new brow product recently, as I haven't been liking the 
"fuzzy" effect I get from my Rimmel London Eye Brow Pencil....so before I tried anything 
super expensive, I wanted to try something a cheaper alternative.  I ended up buying the 
NYX Brow Gel in the color "Black."


So, starting with the cons......there are only five colors! The I bought the darkest color, 
which I didn't want to   because I tend to like a slightly lighter brow, but the next shade down was chocolaty brown, which was too warm for my my black hair.  Also, if you don't wear makeup with the eyebrow gel, it looks way too harsh, especially for people like me 
with darker hair. The only other thing I could say is it is so pigmented...now this can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on the person, but for me, I think a slightly less pigmented gel would be better because it is unforgiving, and waterproof.  If you mess up, you need to wipe this away quickly so it doesn't set.  I did not buy the brush that NYX sold with it, but I am kind of regretting it.  The brush that I used in the picture above just did not cut it for me.


On to the pros!
 I think the end finish of this gel actually looks pretty good, and I'm hoping that maybe if I 
buy one of the lighter shades I can mix them together and make a perfect color.  Also, you 
literally need a tiny drop of this for both eyebrows.  It will last you forever because it is so 
pigmented.  And lastly, this is a great product for people who want waterproof, 
long lasting makeup.  I tested it out on my hand and scrubbed it with soap 
water and it still didn't come off.  
You will definitely need an oil-based makeup remover to     
take this off.  I would recommend this to people who like a sharper, more defined brow.  
If you like a softer looking brow, then this probably isn't the brow product for you.


In the first picture of me, I have only my eyebrows done....which as I said before, is way 
too harsh.  Once I finished the rest of my makeup, I think it looked a lot better, although it's
 still a little dark for my liking.Anyways, I hope you guys liked my review...if you'd like to see more reviews, leave me a comment down below on the products you'd like to see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment